Summer Solstice | Cancer Season | 2021
Happy Summer Solstice!
Welcome in the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
Embrace the sun and light as we usher into Cancer season.
Cancer is the fourth sign of the zodiac.
Element - Water
Ruler - The Moon
Focus - Your emotions and feelings, your intuition and inner self, domestic affairs of house and home, nourish and nurture, maternal influences
Ways to lean into this energy:
- Start or end your day (or both!) with this practice
- Make your inhales as long as your exhales, start with 3 breaths, then 5 breaths, and back again
- Close your eyes, tune into what you’re feeling
- Bonus: create a little nook for yourself for your meditation space
- Something nourishing and gentle
- Yin, restorative, easy flows
- Bonus pose: Legs up the wall (Viparita Karani)
- Dive right into the water element of this sign
- A bath with sea salt and a little baking soda (to ground)
- If there’s a body of water (that's clean and safe!) nearby you, swim!
- Bonus: a bath is a great chance to meditate at the same time
Think about what makes you feel cozy and "at home", be this in your physical space and/or emotional being. Incorporate things like freshly laundered bed sheets, a warm throw for breezy summer evenings, baking something yummy for you or to share with loved ones.
Lastly, pay attention to your dreams, particularly around the full moon. The moon rules the unconscious.
June 24th, 2021 brings the last supermoon of the year, the aptly named "Strawberry Moon" which will appear brighter and more luminous to us than other full moons. What does this bring alight to you? What can you release? Use this powerful energy to bring forth change in your world.