Decadent Chocolate Truffles
1 tin of coconut milk (full fat, refrigerate overnight to make it easier to separate the cream)
2 ¼ cups dark chocolate minimum 70%, chopped (approx. 300g)
½ tsp. vanilla
Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
Optional: 3 tbsp. finely chopped almonds, ¼ tsp. cinnamon, black pepper, or chilli for different flavours, 1 tbsp. cacao powder, ¼ tsp. sea salt to roll the truffles in
- Scrape out the separated coconut cream from the tin and add to a saucepan on gentle heat on the stove.
- While the coconut cream is heating, finely chop the chocolate and add to a large heatproof bowl.
- Once warmed, remove the coconut cream from the heat, add the vanilla and pink salt, then pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Whisk everything together until smooth. If you're adding any extras to the mix, do this now before setting in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the fridge and using a spoon, scoop out the chocolate and form into balls. Roll in your desired toppings and keep in the fridge until ready to enjoy!