All you need for Christmas morning.
Easy to prepare with good-for-you ingredients for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
2 ½ tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. wheatgrass (I like Organic Burst)
1 big handful spinach
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
- Using a hand blender, whisk together the egg whites in a bowl until thick and fluffy. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and set aside.
- In a blender, add the coconut milk, coconut sugar, spinach, vanilla, and wheatgrass. Blend until smooth.
- Add the blender mix to the egg yolks and mix until combined. Add the flour and coconut oil while whisking everything together.
- Fold in the egg whites making sure to carefully keep everything light and fluffy.
- Use waffle maker according to instructions, brushing the rest of the melted coconut oil on before pouring in the batter.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and pomegranate seeds.