Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
An updated childhood favorite.
6 tbsp. butter, softened
1 cup organic sugar
1 tsp. vanilla powder
Pinch of salt
2 organic eggs
3 drops peppermint oil (food grade)
6 tbsp. cacao powder
1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup icing sugar
- Blend butter and sugar in food processor, until smooth and creamy. Then add the eggs, one by one.
- Add in the peppermint oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the salt, vanilla powder,, flour, cacao powder, and baking powder. Gradually add to the wet mix until all is incorporated.
- Once everything is mixed together, tip the dough into a large bowl and fold in your chopped chocolate. Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Take spoonfuls of dough, about 1 ½ inch balls, and roll in icing sugar.
- Set on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the baking sheet and let cool on a baking rack.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.