Spring Rice Wraps
Variety of veggies, chopped into "matchsticks" such as: red pepper, cucumber, carrot, courgette, greens, etc.
Rice noodles (vermicelli)
Fresh herbs: basil, parsley, coriander, etc.
2 tbsp. almond butter
1 tbsp. maple syrup or honey
1 lime, juice and zest
1 tsp. tamari
1 clove of garlic, minced
Splash of water: to thin as needed
1. If using vermicelli, boil some water to pour over desired amount and set aside for allotted time until softened.
2. Chop your veggies into matchsticks, and if using, spiralise your courgette.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter, maple syrup, tamari, lime, and garlic. Add water if needed to slightly thin the sauce.
4. Assemble your wraps: Pour a couple of tablespoons of water onto a large plate. Taking a rice wrap, dip it into the water until every part has been coated with the water. Do this for about 25 seconds then lay onto a chopping board.
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds and/or hemp seeds across the wrap. Layer a couple of leaves of basil in the centre then add the veggies you like, noodles, or anything you're using to fill.
6. Start from the bottom of the wrap, roll away from you and fold over the filling. Tuck each of the sides in and continue to roll until you have a wrap.
7. Repeat with the rest of your ingredients and serve with the almond satay sauce.